Friday, March 21, 2008

Milk and Cereal Milk and Cereal Milk and Cereal, Cereal and Milk

Some people don't eat breakfast. They say they're just not hungry. This is a mystery to me. How can you not be hungry when you havn't eaten for like eight hours? One of the most exciting parts of getting up in the morning is pouring that bowl of cereal and enjoying it for a few minutes before I have to actually get ready and face the day. Though my cereal preference has changed through the years, it still remains a crucial part of my morning routine. As a kid I was obsessed with cinnamon toast crunch and I would eat like three bowls of it before school. A close second was cocoa crispies just because it turned my milk all chocolatey. When I started playing sports I switched to some more hearty versions, like granola and whole grain oaty stuff and presently I'm just plain hooked on honey nut cherrios! They have that sugary honey-wonderful sweetness but are nutritious too!

6 comments:

Keith McKay said...

My little brother (16) refuses to eat breakfast in the morning. He bolts out the door - usually late for school - without a thing in his stomach. I guess some people wake up with their appetites still much like they themselves are - groggy and half-asleep. I went through about a year where I'd get morning sickness every day upon waking up for like 10 minutes, and until it passed I wouldn't dream of eating a thing.

gibonator said...

Yes, I love cereal. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love cereal milk. The sweet delicious milk tastes so good. It's kinda weird but I like soggy cereal too.

Fishball said...

Woah... cheerios are really good. My roommate has a box that he just leaves out on the shelf, so everytime I walk by, I just snag a handful. I think I must have eaten like half the box. But it just sits there, and he never eats it, so I justify myself. The other day, he yelled at me and said some not nice words. But, not even that type of language will prevent me from snagging a handful of delicious cereal.

Shannon said...

I really enjoy, but not in the morning, i have to have something more substantial like oatmeal. The best though is a mug of honey bunches of oats for a snack after school, yes i do eat my cereal in a mug.

Taylor_tots said...

I like to eat breakfast as well, but sometimes I am sad because I do not have time. And if it comes down to it, usually breakfast is the thing that suffers when I have to do homework or something.

Alina said...

I've changed cereal preferences too over the years... right now i'm hooked on berry collossal crunch! Yum!