Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bland Buffet

I used to love the Cannon Center. It felt like Golden Corral everyday.

Then I went home for Christmas. Everything changed. I remembered what real food tasted like.

My previous contentment switched to depression. I discovered that yesterdays supper was in fact a large part of todays lunch, only rearranged into clever salads and juiced into soups. As I traveled from bin to bin of uninspired concoctions food appeared mushy, bland, and just plain old. I feel abandoned. The Cannon is just letting me down.

I need some spice in my life.

2 comments:

head chef said...

I agree. Nothing beats a good home cooked meal. And although it's fun to eat out occasionally it gets old quick.

Ann Marie said...

I completely agree. I love to go home and just steal food from the house if only cause I know that it tastes so much better than anything else that I can find. Although you still ought to go out every now and again if only to appreiciate homemade food.