Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chowing on Chocolate


I've developed a recent fetish with certain chocolate candies--peppermint patties and hershey kisses. It's not that I'm constantly binging on these chocolate treats, but I do need at least one of each a day to keep me going strong. It's like my day isn't complete unless I've opened that drawer to my secret chocolate stash and allotted myself that portion. When I realized I was routinely performing this slightly strange daily ritual, I tried to put a stop to it. That is, I tried and failed. So here I am enslaved to the Hershey empire, as I continue to purchase and stash these savory sweets. They say that to break an addiction, you have to replace it with something else. Maybe I'll try to switch the patties and kisses with carrot sticks and celery. It's a nice thought anyway...

3 comments:

BA said...

I find myself with an addiction and withdrawals when I begin eating Whoppers. You know those...chocolate malt balls. I don't even know why. It is not like there anything special There are better/sweeter/richer sweets out there, but something about it makes me eat them like one eats popcorn or chex mix. Once I start the box gets devoured. It is chronic if you ask me.

Keith McKay said...

I think occasional (even daily) small rewards aren't a bad thing. even if it is small, everyone needs a little something to look forward to every day. It can be especially valuable to have it handy for when you're trying to handle an absolutely rotten day. Something expected and good and comforting can help turn the day around.

Fishball said...

Don't kid yourself. It is those quirky rituals we do every day that keep us sane. Hershey's kisses are just about the greatest type of candy that exists. Do not forsake them for a healthier alternative. You need to pamper yourself, treat yourself to something special everyday. After all, what would life be without chocolate?