Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I scream, you scream.

Today as I was rushing to a class, my gloved hands stuck in my pockets and walking swiftly in an effort to keep from turning into a popsicle, I passed a girl eating an ice cream cone. I took a double take and observed her as she strolled along as if it were 70 degrees licking this frozen treat. At this point I wondered if I was in fact worthy of the "Icecream Queen" title or whether I should turn over my crown to her. I suppose I'm still adjusting to western weather.

Recently I discovered a new favorite kind of icecream. It's chocolate-rasberry swirl, and frozen yogurt, which means it's waistline friendly. It's great because you can grab it right at the quickie food place at the Wilk...I can't remember the name at the moment. Cosmo Connection is my best guess, but there are so many cutesy names at the Y that I can't keep them straight. Yesterday at the library my sister and I were in the midst of a conversation when we burst into laughter after hearing a guy on the phone tell his friend to meet him at the "Cougar and Spice." Apparently I'm not the only one who's a little confused. But anyway, aside from the wonderfully creamy, rich flavor of my newly found favorite, its also ultra convenient! It takes like two minutes to pick up even if the line is out the door, plus you can even pull the lever yourself like a big kid to get just the right amount! That way you don't have the girl behind the counter skimping on your fro-yo, especially when you're not feeling the need for portion control. When you pay, they just stick it on the scale and you get exactly what you pay for. Mine is usually only about a buck twenty five, and I'm no skimper!

4 comments:

Alina said...

That's amazing that someone was actually eating ice cream in this weather...outside! A couple of nights ago my roommate and I stayed up messing around, trying to figure out what to do. We, too, are both ice cream lovers and since we live fairly close to a BYU creamery we decided to head down there and buy some ice cream. It was freezing cold outside but once we got back to our warm apartment we sat on the couch and ate our yummy ice cream. I often times get cravings for ice cream because I just love it so much. My roommate and I got Peanut Butter cup and Cookies 'n Cream! Yum!

Taylor_tots said...

I will have to try your newfound treat...it sounds good. I believe you about the girl and the ice cream. I myself am that way, there is no weather thats not ice cream appropriate. I don't really like eating it in really hot weather though because it drips all over your hands and then they get all sticky.

Brittany Perez said...

One thing I also don't appreciate about Fro-Yo is there day-to-day menu. I mean, I don't care that it is Friday I want Heath yogurt and I want it now!

Rob said...

I totally understand the craving for ice cream. The other day I was sitting at home with my roommate and we both got the biggest craving for some Cold Stone ice cream and luckily I had a gift card so it all worked out nicely.