Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Low Fat Lovin'

Personally, I love all the low fat, reduced sugar, calorie cutting foods because basically it means that I can eat twice as much. There's indulgence without the guilt and realization that those twenty minutes sweating on the treadmill a few hours back were all for naught. As I observe my friends' eating habits, I notice their ability to eat "bad foods" in moderation--foods that I won't touch because I have no such self control. That's why I go for the individually wrapped, single serving stuff, like weigh watcher's chocolate cakes. I can have one every day and feel that chocolate hankering get satisfied. Put a whole chocolate cake in front of me and It's all over...I simply cannot resist that 2nd or 3rd slice. If it is there, I will eat it. I'm not a small portions kind of gal, and I have a feeling that I never will be, so I look for the "Healthy Choice" lables and pay less attention to the serving sizes. After all, a half cup of icecream? And those measely little single serving cups of Ben & Jerry's? Who are they kidding? I could eat 10 of 'em.

5 comments:

Jill Larsen said...

I think that I gain weight just looking at the pictures on your blog--yummy! I enjoy hearing about your struggles; could this be because misery loves company?

Lizi Dorff said...

I know what you mean about not being a small portions girl. I'm not either.

Taylor_tots said...

That is all so true. I just eat whatever I want, I was raised at looking at calories and such, but since I coming to college I have stopped. I like it this way, I enjoy life, and I am still the same size I was in 8th grade!

Chelsea said...

I definitely take advantage of low fat foods as well. Have you ever tried cold srone's low-fat better batter? It is my favorite!

Alina said...

Yep! This happens all of the time with me and ice cream! I LOVE cookies 'n cream and cookie dough ice cream. I could eat a whole carton of it by myself if you set it in front of me to start gobbling down. Haha:)