Monday, February 18, 2008




This prolonged holiday weekend has really taken a toll on me diet-wise. These past five days...oh wow it's almost been a week now...I've been indulging in gluttonous behavior the likes of which you've never seen and loving it! That is, I've loved it until now.

It all started with valentines day. That one wonderful holiday when you can wear pink and red at the same time and eat chocolate from sun up to sun down with no guilt whatsoever. See, the point is that that kind of behavior is only supposed to last one day. But apparently I just couldn't let go because the day after valentines I went straight to the leftover fudge. So I ate chocolate for breakfast that day, and for the following three mornings after. From there the indulgence intensified to consuming every sweet in sight, ansd in mass proportions. I'm talkin everything from hershey kisses to cupcakes to packages of candy hearts. I need an intervention and fast because it's just getting ridiculous! I've been getting these weird sugar headaches and painful stomache aches but somehow as soon as they subside, I'm completely refreshed and ready to start the process all over again!

I swore that monday it would be different. But not so. It must be the holiday thing. The worldwide excuse to indulge. But it's presidents day for goodness sakes! That's not a food holiday atall! Well anyway, I have high hopes for tomorrow and I'm gonna try very hard to turn over a new leaf.




5 comments:

Keith McKay said...

Well, they say the first and most important step is acknowledging that you have a problem. I suggest replacing the addiction with something else. Every time you want a piece of chocolate, just have a sip of alcohol or a cigarette or something. (No, don't report me to the Honor Code Office. I really am kidding)

Shannon said...

I totally know what your talking about. I think easter is the worst for me, i can't stop eating candy for some reason. On the other end, i spent a week not eating sugar, and at the end when i had something with sugar in it, it made me sick. Sadly, i quickly got over it.

Keith McKay said...

Kimchi is a Korean staple. It's basically cabbage that they season and bury in the ground for a few months. I'm all for the "don't knock it till you try it" principle, but it's pretty gnarly stuff.

BA said...

I love chocolate, except for when it is not the color chocolate is suppose to be. If it is white or dyed any other strange color (like those on your blog pic) then it loses all enticement. Just keep it simple and brown.

Alina said...

I don't have too much of a problem with Valentine's Day just because I do not like chocolate... yeah, I know, call me crazy but it's true...